MedCities is a network of 44 cities around the Mediterranean basin.
Who can join the network ?
Local authorities in countries located around the Mediterranean coast, or in Portugal or Jordan, the carry out or promote activities aligned with the network’s objectives.
The network’s objectives
- To reinforce the role, competences and resources (institutional, financial and technical) of Mediterranean local administrations in the adoption and implementation of sustainable local development policies.
- To launch and develop policies for direct cooperation and partnership between members and with other cities and organisations.
- To develop an awareness of interdependence and common responsibility with regard to policies of sustainable development, environmental conservation and social cohesion in Mediterranean cities.
- To develop citizens’ awareness and involvement in the sustainable development of their towns and cities.
The network’s activities
- Promoting the preparation of “Urban Development Strategies”.
- Technical support for the implementation of projects and strategies.
- Training and skills development for elected representatives and municipal staff.
- Exploring funding possibilities for members.
- Promoting bilateral and multilateral cooperation projects.
- Promoting knowledge transfer between cities.
- Arguing for the role of local authorities in the Mediterranean region.
- Representing the interests of Mediterranean local authorities in international discussions.
- Contributing to the definition of EU programmes and policies with regard to Mediterranean cities.
General Secretariat – Barcelona
The Barcelona metropolitan area houses the network’s General Secretariat.
Contact : email@example.com
CTC – Al Fayhaa
The Middle East office is based in the Al Fayhaa urban community.
Contact : firstname.lastname@example.org
CTC – Sfax
The North Africa office is based in Sfax.
Contact : email@example.com
CTC – Malaga
The urban methodological innovation and project possibilities office is based at the CIEDES Foundation.
Contact : firstname.lastname@example.org
General Secretariat of MedCities
Metropolitan Area deBarcelonac/62, num 16-1808040 Barcelona